Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Street Fair Tamed Desi Ire

I awoke this last Sunday morning as usual as ever. I made coffee, read a little, ate some eggs. But this Sunday was different. My roommate had sent me a text exclaiming that there was a street fair at the end of our street!




It reminded me a whole heckuva lot of Main Bazaar in Delhi




There were lots of people with brown skin, loud music in another language, and lots of ethic food.




... just like in Delhi...




At first I had the feeling like I had unknowingly walked onto the set of Ghostbusters II




... but as it turns out the giant Statue of Liberty was just interested in eating her own hand.




A few feet later I stumbled upon KidTown...




complete with an inflatable jumping room...








some sort of action maze...




an obstacle course...






a huge slide...




and some sort of dragon's layer.




Inside the layer was perhaps the best, as this kid wants to ride the inflatable dinosaur...










does...









then gets tossed from it just like that. Now you see him, now you don't!






There were also so some super fancy balloon guys...





some carny games...




and a water dunk - the first I had ever actually seen!








Everybody missed. I would have totally hit the bulls eye, but UNFORTUNATELY I had my camera with me. So I couldn't show everybody up. And that's the ONLY reason that I couldn't hit the mark =)

But perhaps the coolest thing I saw was this guy and his ridiculously loud bicycle playing quite abrasive rap music. Not for money, seemingly not for a purpose, just to be loud and anything...





Just another weekend in my neighborhood...


No comments:

Post a Comment