Thursday, July 28, 2011

My English weekend


Looking back on it now I'm really not sure how Marla and I were able to squeeze so much into such a short period of time, but my weekend in London was truly action packed. I think that had we planned things to do we would have accomplished half as much. It just goes to show that it really isn't what you're doing but rather who you're doing it with.

I arrived and immediately made my way to the tube, partially because it's the best way to get into the centre of town, partially because I love trains


I met Marla after work in Picadilly Circus...


... where we headed to the M&M store for some photo ops.



For diner that night Marla suggested a GREAT Indian place in a really cool part of town...


... which we walked around for quite a bit as Marla had a slight bit of trouble remembering where it was.


 Saturday began quite simply, walking around and ending up in a Canadian pub


 ... followed by a bit of vandalism...


I was even witness to Marla giving a tourist (this guy) directions...


We took a walk down Princess Di's memorial walk (something that Marla had always wanted to do here in London)


As it turns out she had walked this path dozens of times, but had never bothered to look down and see what the name of the path was. It led us to the treat of a beautiful London sunset, something I am told by good sources (Marla) that RARELY happens in overcast London.


Sunday was a day of discovery as we headed to the Museum of Natural Science...


I was frightened by the humongous imposing dinosaur at the entrance...


But like a good cousin Marla made sure to tell the dinosaur what's what!


We saw a whale big enough to swallow an elephant...


...and this guy with a mane large enough to star in the musical "The Lion King."


All over London there are bikes to rent. They're cheap and a great way to see the city. Unfortunately we had a SLIGHT problem getting them unlocked. Marla was not a happy camper.


But once we did we had a great trek through the city. This is Marla smiling away as we peddle...


...and Marla riding hands free...


...and Marla riding while standing on the seat of her bike...


...and Marla peddling with her hands...


It was an absolutely beautiful rainy day (or as Marla had predicted it would be). The sun shining we couldn't help but stop for pictures everywhere).


Action packed and full of photos and smiles my weekend couldn't have been better. 

2 comments:

  1. BIG HUGS to you and Marla! I think you'll be back to London - maybe to live for a while...? I hope I'm able to go before Marla returns home - if even for a short/long weekend.

    I always enjoy your pics and travelogues - keep 'em coming! - talk soon!

    xoxoxo MoM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was smiling the entire time I was reading this!
    So glad you had a good time!

    Best of luck at your next destination!

    ReplyDelete