Friday, September 23, 2011

Les Petit trucs de Paris (pt 4)


I woke up quite refreshed and ready for whatever I was to encounter. Seeing another fantastically posed statue I seized the opportunity to take an awesome goofy Paris picture...



I decided that my diet of bread and cheese was one to be abandoned for the day, and proceeded to feast...


...yet even after chowing down I was not quite as super stoked as these two appeared to be about food.


I mean... it was a giant ice cream cone...

Later on that day I made my way to Pere Lachaise. I've never really been one for cemeteries, but this one happened to rock my thought. Adjacent to Jim Morrison's grave (as it so happens the only grave in the cemetery that was barricaded off) was this tree...


...where people wrote messages of their adoration. And this monument...


...loved and adore by many a woman (if only we should live a life so worthy).

I had seen enough. I left the cemetery awed and satiated with imagery. When I got on the metro I saw this guy who brought his own pole to hang onto...


...which can only mean that Parisians are always fully prepared when riding the metro!

I returned to street level and amused myself with this sign...


... which plastered this...


...onto my face for the afternoon. Before I knew it I had returned to my love - the Eiffel Tower.


JUST FOR FUN: How many people do you see selling trucs (trinkets) of the Eiffel Tower?!

Another laugh...

Soon it was off to l'Arc de Triumph - and with it confirmation...


...that the sky of Paris really is that beautiful...


...and the sun there is as powerful as anywhere I had been before.

I resorted back to my diet of choice - bread and cheese...


...but had to settle for crepes (what turned out to be an awesome alternative) since the line at the bakery was absurd!


The good thing that came out of the walk to the bakery was I got to see this sign. Though phonetically in English it is appropriate in French it was only named after the street it was on (rt. Suffren)


I also noticed that other people find mustaches funny...


..and even fewer are able to climb to these eights.


I've walked a lot. In a lot of different places. Perhaps one of the most interesting things I've seen is this window...


But unlike the night before the only thing I was locking in was a memory into the "Pond des Arts"...


No comments:

Post a Comment