Friday, September 9, 2011

Les Petit trucs de Paris (pt 2)


I woke in the morning enjoying such a great mood. I had found happy happy, and that next sunlight reminded me immediately of it!



I figured out that it was open seven days a week, but couldn't quite figure out what the second "7" indicated. (Later I found out that Momo and Dan didn't know either). I made my way over to the Eiffel Tower, as what else is there to do in Paris?!


After hearing Edith on an accordion I decided it was a great day to take a nap in the park...


... and found a positive in my decision to bring the book I was reading to France.


War and Peace: It makes for the perfect pillow.


And what better napping music than that which I enjoyed.

Later I hopped onto the metro to discover the longest inside of a train in the world...


... and a couple dudes really excited to be in the picture. Apparently the French are used to traveling in such a long manner, as though I saw the tallest and shortest escalators  in London I espied possibly the worlds longest in Paris.


But as cool as that was it still didn't compare to the magic dance that the metro made.


Maybe that's why so many people from all corners ride the train...


Even though the metro seemed like the best way to travel I found this kid had a pretty cool ride too.


I found myself envious as I realized that after a certain age my luggage had started to instead ride me. Since I had spent the afternoon in the park I decided to get an adult beverage at one of Paris' many watering holes.


This one seemed interesting as I wondered if the first happy hour pint was so expensive because it was guaranteed to be good. Once inside I opted for this beer...


 ...and ignored it's ominous label warning...

Soon - as expected - it was b room time...


... and as quick as I had come to the bar I decided that it was time to leave.


Clearly I was not the only one who had experienced what I had.

Having had my fill of beer and creepy bars I wandered the streets until I met Reggie, an artist who explained how he felt inside whenever meeting someone on the street who had purchased his artwork.


I knew exactly what he meant! Inspired and amused I again hit the streets, only to find a familiar sight:


CC on the top shelf how it should be (I love you Uncle Dan)

And back to the park I went...


...where I met the infamous Dan, some random old dude, and Momo. After hanging out a while we walked back to Momo's apartment...


... passing the coolest looking thing one could ever pass on a walk home! Once inside Momo prepared a meal for us, and needless to say we ate like champs.


After dinner I took a look around the apartment to find a bathroom with a little secondary sink. At first I thought that maybe it was some sort of strange kids sink. Momo explained that it was a sink to wash one's feet in. How ludicrous I thought, but then quickly remembered the big green pepper and thought maybe it wasn't so crazy...


It wasn't all that strange after all. But the best part of the apartment was it's location. He lived in a part of town that everyone wishes to, and in his garden I would fall in love with a cabbage


The next day I awoke and seemed ready to take on the day...


... but apparently I had not had enough to eat the night before...


 I went out in search of what to do and found yet another informative sign. Seeing the smiley face I was convinced that I should follow it's direction...


But alas! I found myself in a part of town that looked like I had traveled back home...


What kind of directions had I been given?!


Where was I?! I began to freak out a little as everything else in Paris - people, places, buildings - had looked like they belonged in Paris. But this! I ran, until I found this...


... and was once more reassured that I MUST be in Paris! I posed for a picture with my Parisian sword in hand...


...found the only street food vendor in Paris...


... and ate some grub.


Here's to you Paris!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I can almost smell and hear the sights and sounds you so aptly portrayed - what adventures, what memories AND what bravery!

    ReplyDelete